Discovery provides its students with an excellent education– we emphasize high academic standards, while also creating a family-like environment with an extremely dedicated staff of teachers. We offer an array of courses and opportunities for students to excel and become the very best they can be.
Did You Know?
- 43 students graduated with an Advance Regents diploma last year.
- U.S. News and World Report states that DHS is one of the top schools in NY.
- Historically, Discovery did better than 95% of all high schools.
- For six consecutive years, Discovery has scored an A on its NYC Dept. of Education School Progress Report.
- Discovery has received 2 well-developed on its Quality Reviews.
- Discovery has some of the most talented teachers in the field of education.
- Discovery has very high passing rates on all major Regents examinations.
Teachers at DHS
- Participate in daily professional development workshops and conferences in which they share best practices and constantly work to improve their teaching to maximize student achievement.
- Meet in grade teams to analyze and evaluate trends in student learning, behavior, and performance to create optimum learning experiences.
- Offer individualized tutoring and mentoring sessions outside of the classroom.
We are a Family…
- Teachers, Staff, and Administration truly “know each and every student” and work together to assess and provide for each student’s academic, social, and emotional needs. Students at Discovery are given lots of personal attention by teachers, guidance, and administration in order to ensure that we know “the whole student.”
- We employ a full-time Family Worker in addition to our full-time Parent Coordinator and Attendance Coordinator.